Entries tagged with “Customer Service”.
Did you find what you wanted?
Jun 12 2012
Part of running a successful business is creating a great customer service experience for your customers. This includes a seamless customer interaction and offering great customer service. Sometimes, this means giving your customer a partial or full refund. Fortunately, refunding a transaction is a simple process that only takes a minute to complete.
Here are the quick steps to refunding a transaction:
- Log into your ProPay Account
- Locate the transaction needing to be refunded by using the Completed Transaction report, Pending Transaction report, or Advanced Transaction Search
- Click the Transaction number
- Enter the amount to be refunded in the refund box
- Click Refund Transaction to submit the refund.
That’s it! You will receive a Refund Successful message if the refund was completed with no problems. Likewise, if the refund was unsuccessful you will receive a message stating what went wrong. To further enhance your customer’s experience, let them know the refund will take approximately 5-7 business days to complete. This will help ensure your customers have a great experience and help you avoid a possible chargeback in the future.
Nov 17 2011
The season is upon us. Analysts and media have made their predictions for what the holiday shopping season will bring. Not surprisingly, most surveys reveal that consumers plan to be “careful” with their spending this holiday season. They are looking for the best value, with many respondents indicating that they’d like to be able to buy more, but spend less. A neat trick if you can manage it. Given the nature of consumer spending in general, and particularly over the holidays, how can merchants manage these trends to their benefit?
A variety of consumer spending surveys released over the last few months, reveal a few tips for merchants to help their consumers realize value during this harried holiday season. Among their advice for businesses was:
1) Free Shipping - This is a theme that is played out in a variety of sources and has been extremely prevalent over the last three years or so. Consumers are searching for value and becoming more savvy about the “cost” of purchasing. If a buyer can get an item for $5 less online than in the store, they are more likely to do so. However, that savings can be erased by adding a shipping charge. Buyers would then be incented to go to their local store and purchase the at the higher price.
2) Highlighting Value – Help shoppers find the product and the price that they are looking for. Online retailers can accomplish this by featuring sale items and specials on their home pages. The GfK survey finds that online shoppers are using more and more resources to find the best deals available. Leverage the platforms that these customers are usings – social media, blogs, review sites, etc.
3) Gift Idea Lists - According to the NRF’s Holiday Spending Research, the largest proportion of spend will be on family. That is probably not a surprise to most businesses. However, retailers and online merchants might consider capitalizing on that by helping shoppers find gifts for family. Organizing items by “Gifts for Dad,” or “Gifts for Girls,” or similar categories, can help shoppers locate what they’re looking for faster.
4) Online Shopping Experience – Consumer Reports tells us that online shopping increased significantly last year, with almost 34% of respondents purchasing gifts online. To leverage this trend, online merchants may want to “user test” their websites. Ensuring that the site is easy to use and appealing can help increase conversion.
Certainly, this is not a comprehensive list of the trends that are facing merchants this holiday season, but it does give a sense of the constraints facing shoppers, and therefore the merchant as well. Understanding and responding to consumer needs is an excellent way to build trust and loyalty any time of year.
Dr. Heather Mark, PhD; SVP Market Strategy
Nov 11 2011
Posted by nashby
“Thank you so much for all your assistance on the phone yesterday, getting my account straightened out - you were wonderful! Very knowledgeable, helpful, and….patient! Please let your supervisor know how pleased I was with your customer service skills, it’s getting to be a lost art in today’s business world.” ProPay Customer–Meg Racheli
ProPay is committed to leading the merchant industry in convenient and secure mobile payment solutions and offering quality customer service to answer and meet any questions or concerns anyone might have about those merchant services. Open Monday-Friday, ProPay’s Customer Service Team is available to personally assist you. Through Email, Facebook, Twitter and Phone, any representative is available to help you meet your merchant needs. Each team member specializes in navigating through ProPay’s affordable services. Whether you need help processing a card, transferring funds, using your ProPay JAK, or resolving a situation with a customer, ProPay’s Customer Service Representatives are ready to answer your concerns. That service and willingness to connect with the customer while finding the right answer, is what makes ProPay “the leading provider of simple, secure and affordable payment solutions”.
Sep 30 2011
As information sharing and technology are updated at an increasingly rapid pace, it is critical to maintain a competitive edge by keeping customers informed of new solutions to their problems.
When rolling out new services or products, it is important to have a clear, straightforward message that can be shared quickly on what the benefits of your new services are. Some of the more popular and important ways to stay in touch with your customers are through social media, blogs, newsletters, email and your website. These tools can help a company reach many people more quickly and cost effectively than traditional marketing channels.
These marketing methods allow you to communicate effectively with a broad customer demographic in the way they choose to receive information. In addition, they provide an opportunity for you to hear back from your customers quickly and candidly what they think about your products and services. In fact, many new product developments, improvements and advancements are a result of customer feedback or requests for a certain item or service.
ProPay employs many of these resources to communicate to our customers what is new, what is coming and what solutions you may not already be using. Checking our site, blog and subscribing to our newsletter are great ways to stay informed on what’s happening in credit card processing. In addition, you may want to make sure you’re subscribed to receive updates and promotions via email, including our weekly 60 second tip. You can edit your preferences by logging into your account and going to ‘my account’ then clicking on ‘my profile’ and then ‘change options’.
Stay tuned for on-going updates on new products and services from ProPay.
The ProPay Perspective Blog: blog.propay.com
Aug 4 2011
Posted by nashby
ProPay’s constant endeavor is to remove risk and increase business ability. Keeping adequate records and reports when processing cards is crucial to protecting oneself from most risk associated with taking card information. By viewing reports and past transactions on a ProPay account, a merchant can adequately monitor their processing and transaction history. To receive a step by step tutorial on how to view reports on your ProPay account, please visit the link below:
From your ProPay Reports, you can view completed and pending transactions, pending email invoices, as well as a Reconciliation report which monitors every transaction coming in and out of the ProPay account. You can also search for specific transactions and details through ProPay’s Advanced Transaction Search. Each report can export to an Excel or Word document for adequate retention of records. To keep adequate printed records ProPay advises to print these reports at least once every three months.
Viewing your ProPay history is simple and organized. By doing so consistently, you can keep your business endeavors organized and protected.