Entries tagged with “Payment Security”.
Did you find what you wanted?
Dec 29 2015
It’s a constant business struggle, providing a seamless, low friction customer experience while protecting those customers and your business from an ever-changing array of advanced cybercriminals. ProPay® Guardian Cybershieldsm makes it easy to provide the experience and protection your customers and business need.
Sophisticated cybercriminals work hard to “hide in plain site” by disguising their activities as typical transactional activity. ProPay Guardian Cybershield uses the Global Trust Intelligence Network, a massive source of data about trusted and untrusted internet personas to sift through huge volumes of activity and information and differentiate legitimate activity from potential fraud. The Network does all this without creating interference or difficulty for legitimate customers.
ProPay Guardian Cybershield utilizes a suite of differentiated features and technologies that include cookie-less tracking, geo-location, a powerful rules engine as well as data and breach protection solutions. This impressive group of technologies makes it possible to keep up with the rapidly changing tactics of global cybercriminals.
The business value of reducing fraud requires no explanation. No business wants to suffer the financial and reputational damage from security or fraud issues. Beyond the direct impact of fraud, there are other significant expenses. Manual review processes consume valuable human and technology resources and can create frustrating customer experiences which may result in customer losses. Reducing process friction through an automated solution can minimize cost to the business and streamline customer experiences. ProPay Guardian Cybershield can impact these key areas.
Consumer trust and confidence is the foundation for a strong digital customer relationship. ProPay Guardian Cybershield is an intelligent effective way to improve both customer experience and protection from fraud.
For more information visit www.propay.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888.227.9856.
Dec 15 2015
Posted by snelson
ProPay is driven to make the payment process easier, safer, and more efficient for consumers and businesses. The MasterCard MasterPass digital payment solution is a great example of how ProPay is partnering with the best financial services companies in the world to provide a variety of integrated payment services.
MasterCard MasterPass allows consumers to securely store MasterCard and other branded credit, debit and loyalty cards, as well as shipping addresses all in one place, making for a more seamless checkout process. There is no longer a need to manually enter or reenter payment or shipping information, so completing a transaction is simple and convenient.
The checkout process often makes or breaks a consumer’s overall purchase experience. Getting it right can mean gaining another loyal customer. Getting checkout wrong can mean at best, frustrated consumers who persevere and become customers, or worse consumers who abandon the transaction and move on to do business with someone else.
Customer experience is the new battleground for businesses. The businesses that get it right will win. The businesses who don’t focus on experience will struggle. ProPay and MasterCard MasterPass offer a combined solution that makes it easy to create a positive customer experience. In addition to better experience, the combined solution also provides powerful fraud protection, and is accepted around the world.
ProPay offers multiple ways that businesses can accept payment and provide consumers with the secure, secure transactions they desire. ProPay and MasterCard MasterPass offer a powerful, seamless payment combination.
For more information visit www.propay.com, email email@example.com, call 888.227.9856.
Oct 22 2015
When the leaders of the financial services world get together, it’s kind of a big deal. Money20/20 is one of the most significant events in the financial services industry and ProPay is helping make it happen.
“As the industry’s primetime conference and trade show, Money20/20 delivers the biggest scale, best audience and most engaging event. Money20/20 is the largest global event focused on payments and financial services innovation for connected commerce at the intersection of mobile, retail, marketing services, data and technology. With 10,000+ attendees, including more than 1,000+ CEOs, from 3,000+ companies and 75 countries, expected at our 2015 U.S. event, Money20/20 is critical to realizing the vision of disruptive ways in which consumers and businesses manage, spend and borrow money.”
ProPay was selected to provide the payment platform for this prestigious event, enabling the financial underpinnings and support for this high-visibility, global meeting of the minds. ProPay was chosen based on our history of being a trusted, secure, innovator in the industry and a vendor worthy of this caliber of event. The easy API integration and seamless user experience made us a natural technology fit.
If you can attend it’s sure to be an amazing few days with the best and brightest in the industry, ProPay is proud to be part of this industry-changing event.
Aug 4 2015
In 2012, the volume of mobile payments made globally was $163.1 billion. By 2017, this number is forecasted to grow to $21.4 billion. Consumers are starting to use the “bank in their pocket” more often. As these numbers show, mobile payments are really coming into their own at the present – and will only get stronger in 2016 and 2017. Capture as many sales as possible, and compete in your niche, by using our 6 steps to optimize mobile payments.
1. Know your options – There are many ways that people can pay with a mobile device. To implement mobile payments in an effective manner, you must know what options your customers want. It may help to see what other retailers near your business are offering for mobile payments as they have identified what their customers want (or use), then look for a mobile payment facilitator that supports preferred payment methods.
2. Understand how mobile payments work – Whether you want to make a mobile payment yourself or educate your staff on “how it all works,” it’s important to know the details. There is a misconception that a customer’s credit card number is transferred each time he or she makes a mobile payment. As a result, people may be afraid to make mobile payments for fear of being hacked. This is not true. Payment systems use a tokenized payment process and never transmit a credit card number as a result. Our ProtectPay® service also encrypts customer data, adding another layer of protection.
3. Invest in the portable technology – Mobile payments are ideal for “anytime, anywhere” purchases where consumers might not have their wallets or cash on hand. If you plan to attend craft fairs, festivals, or markets, then you need a mobile payment processor that can travel with you. ProPay’s portable technology helps you do this easily.
4. Advertise it – Once you are up to speed on mobile payments, have all the tools you need to get started, train staff on how to use the mobile payment system and advertise it in the store. Print out signs for all cash registers that say you take mobile payments and state what types of payments you accept. When customers know you accept mobile payments, they will be more likely to pay this way.
5. Incorporate loyalty and gift cards – If you have a business loyalty card, you can incorporate it into the mobile payment system so customers do not have to bring their physical card. You can also add gift cards so that customers can pay with their mobile device. By embracing mobile payments, you cut the cord between needing your wallet and making a payment. Adding loyalty cards ensures that your customers can complete the transaction without needing to get their wallet.
6. Don’t forget about reporting – Your mobile payment facilitator should have a variety of reporting functions that help you incorporate mobile payment sales data into your reporting. Make sure you get regular reports on mobile payments and integrate this data with your other reporting. Not only is it necessary to report this income at tax time, but it can help you analyze mobile payment sales, see what works, and increase your return on investment.
Mobile payments are here, and they’re only going to get more prevalent as customers enjoy the convenience of a faster checkout. ProPay can help you get started with mobile payments right now, so you stay ahead of the game.
Jul 30 2015
It’s no surprise that customers are increasingly turning to their mobile devices to buy goods and services. They crave the speed and convenience of making these secure, digital transactions, which means that prudent merchants will want to adopt new payment systems to accommodate these on-the-go smartphone shoppers.
The volume of in-store mobile payments is predicted to rise from $1.8 billion in 2013 to $189 billion in 2018, according to a report from the Financial Brand. Consumers are already growing accustomed to using their mobile devices to make payments, just as they are used to using smartphones to exchange emails and visit websites.
In fact, about 83% of 1,000 executives surveyed by KMPG said they believe mobile payments will go mainstream this year, according to report from NFC World. As the mobile payment industry booms, small businesses will have to boom with it. Read on to learn how your small business can save time and money with mobile payments.
What Kinds of Merchants Benefit from Allowing Mobile Payments?
Sometimes small business owners think that mobile payments are not for them, and that this kind of service is more suitable for companies involved in technology and computers. Actually, a wide variety of companies will benefit from mobile payments, including:
* Home-based Small Businesses
* eBay Sellers
* Boutique Stores
* Outside Event Vendors
Set up and Go!
Merchants with limited knowledge and experience with computer systems, software and portable devices may avoid adopting mobile payments out of fear that it will be a burden to set up and learn how to use.
Nothing could be further from the truth, however in most cases, a merchant can set up an online account and begin accepting mobile credit card transactions the same day. In a pinch, customer service is just a quick email or phone call away.
Dealing with International Currencies
Merchants that conduct a significant number of transactions with people from other countries, such as tourists or business executives, would be right to wonder what role mobile payments could play in selling items and services to them.
With a system like ProPay, merchants can easily accept payments from major branded credit cards from around the world. Credit card associations take care of all currency exchanges for you, and the customer will be charged in the currency of his or her originating country.
Protecting Customer Data
Business owners are accustomed to using POS terminals to ring up credit card transactions, knowing that the data is encrypted to protect it and keep unauthorized people from accessing the card information.
Switching to a mobile payment scheme seems like it might open the door to more computer hackers. However, the team at ProPay developed the system to include point-to-point encryption and it uses ProtectPay, the company’s solution for tokenization. Merchants never store the customers’ sensitive information, let alone process or transmit it. These tasks are taken care of by ProPay, ensuring all payments are safeguarded.
You may be concerned that in exchange for offering your customers the ease and convenience of making mobile payments that you will have to pay through the nose for the privilege.
In fact, ProPay charges only a modest fee to cover costs, such as 3.25% on a $10 purchase along with a $0.35 transaction fee. Keep in mind that payment-processing fees depend on the type of ProPay account you choose. Once you’ve signed up for the service, you click the “Learn More” link to access details on processing fees.
Small business owners are often wary about adopting new technologies, since any change in how your organization functions could disrupt operations and inconvenience customers. It’s easy to set up a secure, robust mobile payment system and implement it. You’ll soon realize that the transaction fees are designed to protect you and your customers by keeping the network running 24/7 and maintaining the security of each purchase. Sign up for a merchant account with ProPay today, and start accepting cards anytime, anywhere.